LoCo Food Distribution
Job Closing Date: 05/19/2018
City: Fort Collins
Job Type: Full-Time
We are looking to hire a Local Food Specialist focusing on Institutions and Foodservice Customers to maintain current customer relationships and build new accounts along Colorado’s Front Range, focusing on institutions, coffee shops, restaurants and other foodservice companies. This position will work remotely.
• Seeking out and bringing on new customers.
• Maintaining and growing relationships with current institutional customers, including creating mechanisms for the LoCo Foods main office to assist in relationship management.
• Knowing the producers, brands and products in the LoCo Foods Catalog.
• Assisting customers in finding the local products they are looking for and introducing them to new ones.
• Training customers to use the LoCo Foods Online catalog.
• Building a presence for LoCo Foods by attending local events.
• Working with the LoCo Foods team to ensure great customer service including delivering samples, in person meetings and check-ins with customers.
• Clear communication with Office team regarding new and current customers.
• Helping the company to improve and develop systems.
• Attending all staff meetings by phone or in person.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERRED SKILLS
• Great people skills and the ability to confidently introduce yourself and local products to new people and businesses.
• Excellent computer skills – competence in MS Office, Google docs, and ability to quickly learn new software including tablet computer.
• Remarkable organizational skills and the ability to keep track of many things at the same time.
• Highly effective time management skills.
• Ability to work independently and also know when to ask for help.
• Creative problem-solving skills, flexibility and ability to make things work.
• General understanding of and enthusiasm for the local food movement.
• Highly effective communication skills.
As a company, LoCo Food Distribution is growing very fast and needs people who are ready to jump in with both feet and help in various capacities within the company in addition to their regular sales duties. Must have great interpersonal skills, valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, personal laptop computer, computer literacy, and be a quick learner. Cell phone provided. This position also requires basic knowledge of seasonal food production in Colorado. Candidates living in Fort Collins with grocer, food service and/or sales experience are preferred.
SEND RESUME TO: